Thursday, January 31, 2013

Fire Follow-Up 1/31/13

The fire has been put out, but the market has been completely burned.  Thankfully, things around the structure are good.  Things haven't changed in Gitega, but prices will probably increase, and the Burundi Franc was devalued. 

I'm curious to see if it will cause problems getting medicine for the clinic.  Jeremy and Nadia have arrived here, and will slowly work to get the clinic open.  Jeremy is an ER nurse, while Nadia is a nurse that has worked with the homeless and charity medicine.  Their house isn't completed yet, but it's going well.  Yesterday, when I arrived at the Children's home, there were about 40 workers outside their house!  I'm not sure what all of them were doing, but that's the Burundi way.  Jeremy and Nadia have already helped with a couple kids that were sick at school.  I was delighted to here they brought some games!  They brought Settlers of Catan, Munchkin, Catch Phrase, and a couple others I'm looking forward to playing.  They are moving here permanently, so they brought six duffle bags.  Since I've been here, everyone's bags have made it to the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me an e-mail or send me a post request: