Thursday, January 10, 2013

Commute

I live a few miles from school in the Children's home.  I originally thought the school was next to the Children's home, but alas...the school is a few miles away.  Boy was I surprised the first day of school when I ended up going a few miles, instead of just next door. The Children's home is next to the primary school.  The second day of school, I didn't schedule a ride correctly, and I ended up being 30 minutes late to my first class.  Then, today, a yellow pickup truck picked Hanna, Jen and I up.  Unlike previous trips, there were a lot of bricks and people in the back.  I looked at the tire before getting in and thought, "I wonder if it will blow out."  Sure enough, it did a couple miles down the road.  I walked most of the rest of the way to school with another man before the headmaster (JR) drove by and picked me up.  I feel bad for not saying something about the tire, but I'm not sure they would have listened to me anyway.  The driver doesn't know much English.  There are three drivers and three different vehicles that are used to drive Hanna, Jen and I to school and back to the Children's home.

 
The "Grand Canyon":



Ditch:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me an e-mail or send me a post request: