Monday, February 4, 2013

Home Sweet Home 2/4/13

There are a number of houses within the compound where I live.  The 36 kids (mostly orphans) live in four houses with four mothers, and the father lives with his family in a house.  There are three guest houses.  Jen and I moved out of them house with Gloria and Hanna, and moved into a different house just down the hill.  There are really step steps out front that remind me of some ancient temple steps.  Jen and I now have our own rooms.  She has been a wonderful roommate.  The house's living room and kitchen are teal, one of my favorite colors, and my bedroom is almost the exact shade of yellow as my bedroom back in America.  Then, on top of that, I lost my washcloth in Europe.  I had an extra one in an emergency kit Mom put in my luggage.  The washcloth had Tweety bird on it, with multicolored hearts.  There aren't many stickers here, but there are stickers of Tweety bird and multicolored hearts on the front door to the house.  I wanted to take a picture of the wash cloth, but when it was out to dry, it was either stolen or blew away.  Perhaps these were signs from God telling me I'm where I'm supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me an e-mail or send me a post request: