Monday, April 8, 2013

Kids Art 4/8/13

I've mentioned before that the kids at the Children's home enjoy drawing and coloring pictures on the porch.  So, I thought I would show you some of the pictures they have drawn.  The kids at school and the home have a lot of national pride. 

The kids at the home will often draw pictures of the flag, and kids at the school will often make bracelets using the colors of Burundi's flag - red, green and white.  The green color symbolizes hope, the white symbolizes peace, and red those who fell in the struggle for independence. The three stars stand for the three major ethnic groups of Burundi: the Hutu, the Twa and the Tutsi. The three stars also stand for the three elements of the national motto: Unité, Travail, Progrès ("Unity, Work, Progress").
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Burundi

 

 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me an e-mail or send me a post request: