Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Rest of the Story

So, my six months are up!  I have returned home, and arrived at 5:30pm on the 4th of July.  God bless America!  My Mom picked me up from the airport.  I managed to stay awake, have some good dinner at a friend’s house, and see the local fireworks. 

I have decided to return to Burundi and teach another semester.  I should leave around August 19th, and be back home around Christmas.  So...perhaps I should have named this blog something different.   Whoops!

I am glad to be home, but honestly...I thought I would have a hard time being home.  Perhaps that is yet to come?  Many people do not realize that often missionaries have a harder time adjusting when they come home than when they go to another country.  The same can be true of military serving overseas.  I think it was true for me when I returned from Thailand.  This time around, I've had a couple days with high anxiety, but I've been alright.

Thank you for reading this blog, it means a lot to me.  I hope you have enjoyed reading about things God is doing in Burundi, seeing the pictures and videos of the people, and hearing stories from the other side of the world.  So, as Paul Harvey used to say, stay tuned for “the rest of the story.”

“Two are better than one, because they have good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up.  But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!  Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.  But how can one keep warm alone?  Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves.  A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.” – Ecclesiastes 4: 9-12

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for blogging!! I love to read everything I can find about Burundi and what life is like there.

    ReplyDelete

Send me an e-mail or send me a post request: