Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Jumprope 11-12-13

The kids at the Children's Home love the new jumpropes.  They have been learning some new tricks...like criss crosses and jumping backwards.  Almost all the kids can jumprope.

One day, I taught them an old jumprope rhyme I know.  You swing the rope back and forth, and the kids jump over the rope.  It goes...

"Blue bells, taco shells, easy I say over."

They don't know what blue bells or taco shells are, but it works.  :)  When you say over, you start swinging the rope over their head and saying the months of the year.  When you say the month the kid was born in, then they run out.  One day, they came to me and got the small jump ropes.  Individually, they were trying to swing the rope back and forth and say the rhyme.  :)

We have been working on double dutch.  It's been a challenge, but this last weekend things seem to click.  About 6 girls can do it.  2 of them can get in the ropes almost every time without my help.  Surprisingly...one of the two girls is 5!

At school, the younger boys have taken the most interest in the jumpropes.  Once in awhile, Jackie will borrow the jumpropes for girls sports.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me an e-mail or send me a post request: